Friday, January 3, 2014

Holidays are Done

Progress Report:

Align Mitts - finished!  Gave them to Kim (my coworker) before the Xmas holidays, and she loved them :)


Sweater for Lizzy - finished!  Got this done just before Dec. 25th and she wore it for about a day before we took it off to bath her.  Since then, she's worn it for a day here or there but it hasn't been super cold for her to wear it.  This next week she'll be wearing it again.












Primrose Path - finished!  Completely!  Ends are weaved in and it's blocked and it's actually hanging in my closet!  I'm super excited about this, although I haven't yet worn it.  And really, it's something of a spring sweater anyway.. so once it warms up again some and the winter gray starts to disappear under the bright warming sun, I'll wear it out.  And it'll look fabulous.  (This isn't the final pic, but it's what I've got at the moment.)



Strangling Vine Lace Scarf - Onto my last two balls of yarn for this one.  I want this scarf to be long, and I tried it on after finishing my fourth ball and decided it had to have the 5th ball, and since I want it long it should just have all six.  This is my super easy no-thinking knit that I can do in the car, on lunch, or anywhere.  It'll be done before too much longer.


In Dreams - I've made real progress on this shawl.  I started it Christmas eve, after I'd finished my holiday knits, and focused on it for those two days I had off from work.  I kept plugging away for the next week on it, and with very minimal hiccups made pretty good work on it.  These pictures show both the pattern and a pretty view of the beading on it.  BEADS!  So many beads!  But I LOVE what they do to it, and I find them pretty easy to put on too.  Beading may be a new obsession of mine.  I took a couple days off of this project over the new year, but intend to dive back into it this weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment