Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cherie Amour pausings

Not sure if it was the troublesome untangling of the bamboo silk, or just rethinking what I was doing.. but I'm gonna re-stash my Patons bamboo silk rather than use it on the Cherie Amour. Which means I need to find new yarn for my Cherie. Affordable yarn. I may try to locate a couple skeins of Malabrigo - i've heard its a really nice yarn that a lot of people like. And the "velvet grapes" colorway even looks close to what I'd like to emulate in the Cherie. I may keep looking, but I'm leaning that way. Will probably require some online ordering, but oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Re: the Malabrigo. Heavenly to knit. I did a Fair Isle sweater from it last year. Pills like crazy, because it is a very soft one-ply. If you don't mind de-fuzzing your sweater every time you wear it, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did some online searching for some Malabrigo, and now I just don't think I can bring myself to spend that much money on yarn for a sweater. When I need 800 yards of stuff that sells for $11.00/100 yrds... I just can't justify that right now. As much as I would love to do this in a beautiful merino, I believe it is just too much at this point. Especially since I have another sweater planned for the immediate future as well.

    Damn yarns being expensive!!

    Still trying to find a compromise option.

    ReplyDelete