Thursday, March 10, 2011

Birthday Present from Hubby

So my birthday is next Tuesday, but hubby decided to get me my birthday present a week early. We both have bad habits about doing that. I haven't taken a picture of it yet, probably should.. but.. he basically bought me between 10-15 skeins of yarn (some very weird stuff.. including chinchilla and fancy fuzz stuff), and he "hung" them up on the wall in the middle bedroom with these hook things. It was quite cute, really. But he said that I get to have that wall - and we're going to build some diamond shelves all along that wall so i have it for yarn storage!! I know the shelves are the *real* gift, and the extra yarn is just fun stuff to try, but I really appreciate all of it. I can't wait to hit Home Depot and buy the materials so we can try working on the shelves soon. But I'm doubly happy that he considered my knew yarn love for a birthday present. It is definitely warming. And I must say - he doesn't have the worst taste in yarn, even if most of it is acrylic since it came from a big box store.

In other news, I'm doing my darndest not to cast on yet another project. I keep itching to, mostly cuz this sweater really does go on and on and on and on and on... as sweaters tend to do. And I keep wanting to work on something else. Well, in truth, I did cast on another project... my first pair of socks, done in gorgeous malabrigo sock in Abril. But I did that cast on mostly to learn a new knitting technique so I could try working on his ipad bag... Not my fault that the sock technique turned out to be a piece of cake and now I'm loving loving loving knitting the sock!! Probably has something to do with the absolutely luscious yarn in the most perfect of colors. >_> <_<

So the ipad bag has been put back on the waiting list. I need different needles. The two pattern ideas I had for the bag just did not end up working out.. at all. The first pattern simply didn't work when I shrunk it down to ipad size. The second idea (the magic loop idea, which is why i cast on the socks first to learn the technique) requires a much longer and more flexible cord than the one I have currently (in that size needle). So, that pattern is back on hold till I can get to the Woolie Ewe. At least he can't much complain about me needing yet another set of needles..since its for him XD.

I'm pretty sure the next pattern I pick up is going to be my attempt at colorwork. Its the last major technique that I've been wanting to learn, and I have the pattern and the yarn to do it.. just need the time in my queue to get it going. But there is this other shirt thing I would like to work on too... I also get this feeling that I'm going to be knitting this Primrose sweater forever!! And not because the one that is almost done will never get done..it will.. but because I think I have two requests by others for that exact sweater. Lol. We'll see how quickly they buy the yarn I suppose for me to start on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment