Monday, March 21, 2011

Lacking in the knitting

So yesterday was my first time to pick up my knitting again in a little over a week. Ever since I had to rip out 20+ rows in my Primrose (Friday before last), I sat my knitting down and didn't pick it back up. I took a week off. Honestly, I can also lay the blame on a new game the hubby has been trying to get me to play with him - Rift. Its another mmo similar to world of warcraft. Less players, and a major story-event-based game. I've pretty much just played that when I get home. Although there was my Idol nights.. where I sat on the couch and watched them sing their flu-infested hearts out.. when I would normally be knitting.. and I just didn't. I think I just haven't gotten up the nerve to try the row-counts again on that sweater. Its intimidating me. I just that I'm going to lose track of what row I'm on because I'm watching tv.. or doing something else.. and lose track and have to start that section all over again. Its like I need a pattern as a basis to count with in order to not lose my place. Basic stitches are somehow difficult for me to count. I dunno why. Grrrr.

I did work on my sock last night though. Still absolutely love the malabrigo sock yarn - and the colors of Abril are gorgeous!! And I turned my first heel last night!! I even slipped it on my foot and it fits great :D So now I just have to take the cuff up as high as I want it..and I'll have my very first sock done. Yay! I only screwed up on that heel once - cuz I didn't read the instructions right the first time. Looking at it a second time and I knew what I'd done wrong, and it was simple enough to fix. Works for me. I can definitely do that again a second, third, fourth + time. For, y'know, that next pair of socks I do. Toe-up (where I knit the toe first then continue from there, as opposed to cuff-down) is definitely an easy way for me to do it. Dunno why you'd ever do cuff down and not use magic loop :D


On to other news - anyone else loving this season of American Idol? They are all so damn good!!! I was a little sad with the performances this past week..but half of them were really sick. And so their voices didn't carry as well, of course. Though Lauren belted through her flu and did a fabulous job anyway. And I can't help it, but I'm in love with Scotty McCreary. He may sing country, but that deep voice just has me hooked. Of course, I also really like Casey - and his performance of Smells like Teen Spirit just has me shell shocked. I am also impressed with James Durbin - his rendition of Judas Priest was really good too. Who knew we'd have such amazing and varied talent this year. Although I think Pia has them all beat just by pure vocal skills. She's like the new Whitney Houston/Celine Dion/Mariah Carey all rolled up into one. Damn that girl can sing. I hope every single one of these people make records when they get off of Idol. They all deserve it.

Well, okay, I don't think Ashton deserved a record..she was too "overdone". We've seen her like before, and she didn't have anything special to bring to it. Boring. And Karen, although she had some potential, was just outshone by everyone else in the competition. I think my next choices for voting off are: Naima, Paul and Thea. Once we get down to .. what is that.. Top 8? Then those will be the real stars. I've been voting for like five of the contestants each week. I have no idea who I'll vote for when it gets tighter than that.

And that is my Idol experience :D

No comments:

Post a Comment